A Personal Devotional Journal

I invite you to journey with me. Sometimes we will look at short passages of Scripture and I will give my first thoughts and impressions. Other times, I will just share my thinking about spiritual issues. Always, you are welcome to comment and add your thoughts. Together, we could learn something.

Monday, February 14, 2011

Matthew 21:14-16 "Sponanteous Worship"

The blind and the lame came to him at the temple, and he healed them.  But when the chief priests and the teachers of the law saw the wonderful things he did and the children shouting in the temple courts, “Hosanna to the Son of David,” they were indignant.
“Do you hear what these children are saying?” they asked him.
   “Yes,” replied Jesus, “have you never read,
   “‘From the lips of children and infants
   you, Lord, have called forth your praise’?”



I don't think it is coincidental that as soon as Jesus drove out the money changers and cleared the temple of inappropriate activities, appropriate activities broke out.  Namely, people began to worship -starting with the children bursting forth in spontaneous praise.

I often pray for God to break out in our churches, and long for a movement of God marked by spontaneous, authentic, unashamed worship and praise.  As I read this simple story, I find myself wondering if a few things need to be cleared out before God will reveal Himself in this way.

And what about the personal, intimate experience with Father?  I wonder what needs to be cleared out of my life in order to experience Him anew...

I find that I easily get distracted and just drift day to day -getting by.  Not that there is anything overwhelmingly wrong going on; just that there is nothing overwhelming supernatural going on.  

Father, please overwhelm me.  Call forth your praise in me.  Renew me.  Make me clean and whole. 

No comments:

Post a Comment