A Personal Devotional Journal

I invite you to journey with me. Sometimes we will look at short passages of Scripture and I will give my first thoughts and impressions. Other times, I will just share my thinking about spiritual issues. Always, you are welcome to comment and add your thoughts. Together, we could learn something.

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Thoughts As I Read

I have embarked, with several friends from church, on a new devotional journey this year. We have agreed to read through Scripture slowly, and journal about our thoughts. We are to do this without commentaries or outside influences -just alone with the Bible and God.

I have decided to do this in blog format as well. The thoughts I post are open for discussion and comment. The nature of this journaling is highly personal, so some conclusions I come to might apply to me and not you -that's ok.

I pray that as I work my way through Scripture, it will spark God-thoughts in you and that you will benefit.

1 comment:

  1. I have been reading through the Scripture slowly, as well...and writing my own thoughts......not in blog format....just saving them to a word document....but it has been a growth experience for me for the past few months. I am glad you are sharing your thoughts on the Scripture! I look forward to reading more! I just tried to follow this blog on Twitter, but have forgotten my Twitter password. :(

    ReplyDelete